Cork Plastics Ltd is one of the leading companies in the design and manufacture of plastic building and plumbing products for the building, construction and home improvement markets.
The Board of Directors and all employees of Cork Plastics consider it an integral part of our business undertaking, to minimise any potentially harmful effects on the environment our activities may cause.
Cork Plastics aims to take into account sustainability in our product design and applications and is committed to protection of the environment and prevention of pollution, in all we do.
Cork Plastics will:
- Clearly define and communicate the organisational responsibilities necessary to manage environmental protection within the company.
- Actively encourage employee involvement in matters relating to the protection of the environment.
- Ensure that adequate information, instructions and training are provided to all employees.
- Continually review the long term effects of the company’s activities through the development of objectives, targets and measures to reduce the impact on the environment.
- Review and understand the manufacturing processes required to minimise adverse effects on the local environmental conditions.
- Promote the re-use and recycling of materials wherever practical.
- Take steps to reduce waste generation and disposal.
- Minimise the company’s consumption of natural resources, in order to conserve the environment, as far as possible.
- Properly investigate environmental incidents.
- Develop all areas of the business and work with suppliers to continually improve Cork Plastics impact on the environment.
The Board of Directors is fully committed to implementation of the above environmental policy and has the support and contribution of all it’s employees in achieving the company’s goals.
This policy will be continually reviewed to ensure that we reflect both the environmental needs of the consumer and the company’s objectives.